my babys father wont make an effort to see his baby

lillian74

Asked by lillian74 at 5:11 AM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I went through this EXACT situation with my sons father. My son is now 6 and only seen his father ONCE! Do not make him want to be a part of his sons life. If only he is a MAN he willbe there for his child. Just do what is right for YOU and your BABY, and that is continue to raise your child! You dont have to have the man in order to raise your child the right way.
    SweetKYmom

Answer by SweetKYmom at 7:07 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• You can't force himto be a Dad. Sorry, sad but true. If he doesn't want to be there 100% it may be better that he isn't there at all.
    say_tay

Answer by say_tay at 7:41 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I have seen this happen too many times...it's sad, but in all honesty, it really doesn't hurt the child, what may hurt the child is if the father is in and out of their life. Don't try to force the father, he'll just resent the child.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 8:21 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• my dh has stepped up to be the father figuer for the baby we take care of everyother weekend b/c his dad is a dead beat. hes 5 months old and his dad seen him when he was a newborn and held him like 6 inches in the air away from his body like a asshole that he is. sorry to hear u have problems with ur babys father i wish my dd dad would stay out of her life he only a "dad" when its convient for him.
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 8:45 AM on Jul. 20, 2009