does labour get shorter with each child?

my 1st was 16 hours but only 5 of those were hectic,my 2nd was 12 hours.am i more likely to get a shorter labour with a 3rd or am i just kidding myself.p.s:im a lot more nervous this time around.

2ndtimemom605

Asked by 2ndtimemom605 at 5:33 AM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• mine were, but #3 was also an induction
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 7:04 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I have a friend that has 5 kids and YES labor decreased with each child. All people are different so not all cases will labor decrease.
    SweetKYmom

Answer by SweetKYmom at 7:05 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• There is no magic labor formula. All babies are different, and all labors are different. I had 4 very different birthing experiences.
    Congrats!
    say_tay

Answer by say_tay at 7:39 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Mine did decrease with each child, by child #4...I barely made it to the hospital!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 8:18 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Since your body has done it before, your labor is likely to decrees in length (but not always). They more tense and nervous you are the harder it is for your body to open up and have the baby. Take this time and relax, prepare your self mentally for birth (remembering that your body was made to birth, the pain is a result of your body opening for birth, and to appreciate ever contraction because it brings you closer to holding your baby). When we think positive thoughts in birth, out bodies are better able to do what comes natural to them. ((HUGS))
    hillmom

Answer by hillmom at 11:01 AM on Jul. 20, 2009