head support?

Hi, I was just wondering how long is the "norm" to still use the head support pillow in her carseat. She's almost 4 months old and it seems uncomfortable and a little small. She has good head control and can sit in her bumbo seat independently. Also, when can you use the actual baby tub instead of the newborn sling, she weighs 13 lbs and her butt sinks in the water! Thanks! :) :) Have a good Monday! :)

clransom

Asked by clransom at 5:56 AM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have a 4 month old too and never used a head support, although I probably should have. And I have been using a baby tub since her cord fell off. But you have to support her in the tub and never leave unattended.
    mschanng

Answer by mschanng at 6:09 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• If she supports her head well and she's outgrown the head support, then it's time to remove it.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:56 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I used the baby tub or regular tub almost right away. When my kids couldn't sit up I would lay a hand towel in the bottom so their rears wouldn't slide. Of course I held them with one head to keep the head up, but I also only put about an inch of water in the tub. I used the towel until they were able to keep their balance on the slick surface while sitting up. In the car, I think I used the head support for about a month!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:05 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• If she doesn't need the support then take it out.
    We never used the bath sling and would have taken it out ages ago if we had.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:14 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• You can get rid of the head support. If she has good head control she doesnt need it. As for the baby tub, she can use it now.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 12:48 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Thanks!!! I'm taking the support out tonite!!!
    clransom

Answer by clransom at 9:22 PM on Jul. 20, 2009