How do you get rid of tiny flying bugs in the house naturally?

These bugs are 1/2 the size of gnats.
Can't really see the shape of these bugs and they fly.
They also jump quickly when you try to swat at them.

These bugs are in one room only.
My bedroom and I have 2 fairly new mattresses that were in my parents storage shed for months.

I don't want to get rid of these mattresses because they have superb back support. But I'm getting bitten everyday. Daytime is their most active time.

i would like to get rid of them with a natural ingredient.

blue_eyes05

Asked by blue_eyes05 at 7:49 AM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Black walnut leaf tea is easy to make and fairly easy to come by. It is a natural astringent and has been used as an insecticide against bedbugs for many years. Just apply some where you have seen bedbugs, and they will die. Since you don't want to soak your mattress, use an eyedropper to apply the liquid to the crevices on the sides of your mattress and other small places. Go over your mattress, pillows, pillowcases and sheets with a spray bottle, lightly misting everything.
    theres is also this you can buy.
    http://www.blogcatalog.com/blog/how-to-get-rid-of-bed-bugs-treat-bed-bugs-naturally
    and here is another site
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20060914003513AARt5Vh
    I hope this helps before this I didn't even know bed bugs were real. Now reading it I found out why my dd is covered in bites. Scary!
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 8:07 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• You have FLEAS!!! Bed bugs don't jump, fleas jump. Cal the exterminator quick!
    PeachesMcGee

Answer by PeachesMcGee at 1:09 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• not really an answer but peaches that was great lol
    fancyface09

Answer by fancyface09 at 1:56 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I saw a quick segment of a documentary about why fruit flies (I'm assuming you have something in the same class as them) are so difficult to swat and kill. Apparently, they have a kazillion more eye cells than a regular housefly. So, they see you coming practically before you move.
    We had these same bugs once, but they came in on some fresh flowers. They multiplied very quickly which was really gross. I had a brand new baby so I didn't want to spray or have an exterminator come out. I had the brilliant idea to get a fly strip and hang it up where they seemed to congregate...by the garbage can! In about 3 days they were all DEAD!
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 3:06 PM on Jul. 21, 2009