Question for moms who were Induced? How many days before your Induced Date did the Dr. "strip your membranes"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:02 AM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was induced on July 9 and they never stripped my membranes, they started the pitocin via IV and then since I wasn't progressing broke my water and upped the pitocin then after another 15 hours when I finally was getting labor pains I got the epi, etc.... Like anon 8:13 said stripping the membranes is something you can decline (you can decline any medical procedure any doc wants to do as long as you're willing to sign a release stating you understand the consequences of your actions).
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 8:48 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I was induced for #3 - they never stripped my membranes. but I was a different circumstance - I laboured unproductively for 6 weeks and then was on an induction wait list at the hospital (they had too many babies being born). i waited for 7days before I got the induction call.

they started the IV meds to get things going and then broke my water.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 8:09 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• A lot of controversy about this technique. Did you know that you can decline it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:13 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• They started to strip my membranes at 39 weeks... they did a finishing job of it at 40 weeks and placed a Foley Bulb into me to dilate me and keep stress off my son's head. Pitocin was given to me three days later when I didn't proceed past 5 minute labor pains and he started to struggle. In my case it was to get him out as fast as possible naturally without medications... it didn't work, but I am glad they tried everything they could, even when the possibility of me having a C-section had come during the emergency stretch of time where they lost DS's heartbeat. He was born not breathing and no heartbeat. Thank the gods I had good doctors who brought him back to me.
    Kenre

Answer by Kenre at 9:01 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• They never did it to me or mentioned it. Good luck!
    Kim, from justamomha.com
    justamomHA

Answer by justamomHA at 11:16 AM on Jul. 20, 2009