fractured finger

I had my 23 month old to the ER yesterday due to her oldest shutting her finger in the door. They told me she had a bone chip in the tip of her finger, slinted it and sent me home. This morning she woke up with a temp of 102, is this normal when you have a fracture or break??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I've broken lots of bones and never had a temp. If they gave pain relievers possibly or if the skin broke and is infected. Other wise it is probably not related. Try a lukewarm bath, popsicles, and alternating Motrin and Tylenol to brake the fever . Unless it was caused by pain killers they will tell you to wait 3 days unless the temp is over 104 to bring the child in good luck. hope this helps.

hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 8:50 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I agree...probably not related to the finger injury. I would keep an eye on baby and use the Motrin/Tylenol for the fever, as well as any pain there might be from the finger being injured.
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 11:21 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• agreeed as well fever is not common with a injury but it could be anything just the bay close to you and goodluck you are in my prayers
    fancyface09

Answer by fancyface09 at 1:24 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• a fever is the bodies way of fighting any harm to the body, I believe it is normal, is your child sick in any other way, a cold an infection, soar throat. 102 is high, cool your child down with a cool cloth.
    catdecorator

Answer by catdecorator at 1:55 PM on Jul. 20, 2009