What do I do ?

I picked my 9 month old and my 2 year old up from daycare and everything seemed normal. The teacher kinda seemed funny she didn't say much. We were looking for my sons pacifier for at least 2 to minutes and the whole time it was in her pocket. We leave and as soon as we drive off I noticed like a bruise on her arm. We pulled over and looked at it and my child had 7 bite marks up and down her arm some punctured and one on her side by her stomach and one on the side of her face. I filed a police report and took pictures. How do I approach the daycare?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You need to find out why there was no report filed by the daycare. Each state has its own governing bodies over daycares, report them to that agency...this is important because if it goes unreported this can happen over and over...
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 9:17 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• approach them with a complaint to the state licensing and never going back there again..imo
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:19 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Don't bring the kids back!
    mschanng

Answer by mschanng at 9:19 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I work at a daycare and it is our policy to fill out incident reports each time a child gets hurt and we then notify the parent at pick up (or before in serious cases). children are going to get bitten while at daycare its not 100 % preventable. However numerous bites is pure neglagence. There is no reason a child should be bit several times in one day. the teacher should have known about the fis\rst bite if they couldn't prevent it and then they should have prevented the rest from occurring. I would call or go in and speak to the director. The teacher in the room may not have told anyone about this occurence. If they take this matter seriously and get rid of that teacher You could consider continuing to send your child there. Put if not I would look for another childcare provider.
    JocelynsMama1

Answer by JocelynsMama1 at 9:22 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Is it a home day care or a licensed center? I know at my center I get incident reports and a phone call for every thing that leaves a mark. I have to sign the incident report too for their records. IT says what happened and how they handled it. I'm not sure if this is required of home centers, but can't imagine why it wouldn't be. If it's a home center I would go to the lady, show her all the marks and wait for an explaination. If there isn't one, of it doesn't sound right to you, go to the police and maybe the news so other parents know what's going on. If it's a center, go to the direction and demand an explaination and demand to know what type of punishments there may be. If the punishments are not adequate in your opinion, find another day care. If the direct blows it of, then make a stink about it with the news, again, so other parents can learn of the negligence.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• one more question -- was it the 9 month old or the 2 year old who was bitten? becuase if it was the baby, I'd be sooo freakin' pissed! You don't usually see babies biting each other like that. Toddlers and two year olds, yes, but babies? Unless the were older kids in with the babies, in which case I'd have a fit too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• wow...where were these people when this happened? Whoever is watching these children need to watch them. That is so scary. Why are people like that? They need to step up and claim responsibility. I hope your child is ok.
    mommylovesu28

Answer by mommylovesu28 at 11:14 AM on Jul. 20, 2009