Whats a good job for a stay at home mom?

My dream is to be a stay at home mom. However, my fiance wants me to be bringing some income into the household. How can I do this? And if any degrees are required for the jobs you suggest let me know. THANKS!

JocelynsMama1

Asked by JocelynsMama1 at 9:15 AM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Money & Work

• i have a couple of part time jobs. i work on location as an assistant to a local photographer (maybe like 1 day a week) & as an assistant at my dd's dance class in town (every monday). i also sell on ebay to make extra money...
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 9:22 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Hello! I got laid off in April and my dream was to stay home with my now 22 month old son also! That's all I really wanted to do. I found this girl that works with Internet CEO Moms and she turned me on it. I am loving what I am doing now. I work with a great group of girls, I don't sell anything, and I don't have to keep inventory. Most of all, I am staying home with my son. Check my website out at www.4theLoveofMyFamily.com or you can send me an email at alyssamaliska@ymail.com. I would love to introduce you to the business! Hope to hear from you soon :-)
    Alyssa M.
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 9:32 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I have the degree, I am a Registered Nurse, and was making good money, but it came at a high price, I was away from my (at the time 2 babies). I needed to stay home with them, but not sacrifice the income. Now I have the best of both worlds, staying home with my now almost 4 kids, ages 5, 4, 2 and due in Sept. I am so proud to be a part of our Work At Home United Team, truely a team of moms & dads who work from home with their kids by their sides. I love being able to partner now, with other moms who are looking to stay home, but don't have the huge start-up fees that there are in most home businesses. We offer Free websites, Free Trainings, & Free unlimited personal mentoring & support. I am proud to be part of a company that has impeccible ratings with the Better Business Bureau, & love not being a "Sales woman" if this sounds like you too, Visit: www.EnhancingFamilies.com
    amynic

Answer by amynic at 9:41 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• A business is a great way to make the most money and build something amazing for your family. I have a 1yr old and I do the majority of my work around her nap time or when my hubby gets home at night to play with her :)
    The Company is AMERIPLAN and anyone can do it, you don;t need any degrees just the drive and willlingess to work :)
    They offer Daily Pay-Benefits-training-discounts at many retailers nationwide-5 websites-401K and lots more just for us brokers :)
    you can send me an email if you want some more info at ChristinaLdennis@gmail.com you can also listen to an overview call that is really good for info at 616-712-1118
    ChristinaDennis

Answer by ChristinaDennis at 9:57 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I have been making money from home for over 2 years. I have figured out what works best for me and you will too eventually. You should check out the companies I listed at Free Money Online, it's all easy jobs, everything posted is free.

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 10:45 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms (and dads) with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation. Feel free to contact me directly –Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 11:00 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I have 2 little boys at home and I just started an at home biz a few months back. It is with a comp that just recently won an award with the BBB so it is no scam! If interested in more info, you can email me at rebeccabowen@live.com or visit my website at www.beingunited.com. I would love to talk to you and answer any questions that you have! Thanks
    Rebecca
    Rebecca325

Answer by Rebecca325 at 11:02 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• m-avi

I have created a series of work at home articles on eHow.  They contain excellent ideas and resources.  You can check them out in my Journal here at Cafemom:

Work at Home Article Series

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:06 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• How about offering daycare in your neighborhood?
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 1:22 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Hey I'm with a wonderful company by the name of AmeriPlan ther are no degrees required we have people from all walks of life working from home making a great income and helping people with their benefits.

If this is something that your truly intrested in go to my website and look around then click on requested interview and I'll give you a call and answer any questions you may have.
    P.johnson

Answer by P.johnson at 3:28 PM on Jul. 20, 2009