Is a mobile home hard to sell??

We moved into our mobile home 2 years ago.It was built in 2007.Now we want to move into a house.My question is, is it harder to sell a mobile homes then an house??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• probably, who wants to live in a traler park
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• in today's market it may be more in demand, the hard part is the financing. most banks today will not lend money on a mobile home. maybe you'll get lucky and find a single guy with cash
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:24 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• anon at :22
    that was just mean, you suck.
    jewjewbee

• i don't even live in a trailer park! ITS ON AN ACRE!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I think it depends on the area you are in and the economy there. A trailer here may be hard to get rid of because the lot rent is nuts. It is like paying twice a house payment. If you are in the country, and it is on an acre of land you may have better luck. Someone may want it so they have the land and a place to live and one day build a home on it.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:03 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Mobile homes are generally harder to sell because the only thing gaining value is the land it's sitting on. The problem is that the structure itself often loses value faster than the land, so the person purchasing it can end up with negative equity-- or upside down on their loan.

That doesn't mean it's impossible. There are people who can afford not to rent but can't quite afford to purchase a condo or house. There are also people who just want the land, with the intention of living in the mobile home until the house is built. You need to decide who you want to appeal to in selling your home. You should ask others in your neighborhood who have sold their property for a referral to a good real estate agent.

Good luck!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 10:06 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I don't know anon, there is manufactured home community in my town and it is really nice. It has two ponds with fountains and for fishing, a play ground, a really nice clubhouse, swimming pool and picnic pavilion. I don't live there so I don't know what the people are like but it looks really nice.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 10:22 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I worked in home appraisals a while back. The appraisers I worked for HATED doing appraisals on any manufactured home. (Even really nice new ones) The value does not appreciate at all. But, seeing that you're on an acre, that will probably help you out.

I wouldn't expect much if any profit from the sale though.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 12:11 PM on Jul. 20, 2009