how to get toddlers to potty train

hi i have 2 toddlers that like to play with the potty chair but wont use potty chair any advice we have tried cereal in potty and we have the videos and books and they have even watched other people to use but nothing. any help would be nice thanks.

lovingmom15063

Asked by lovingmom15063 at 9:23 AM on Jul. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• My husband locked himself with the boys in the bathroom most of day with water and the potty and the boys were to learn to pee in them... They will eventually get the potty thing. It just takes time and every child grows at their own pace.
    mschanng

Answer by mschanng at 9:26 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I am smiling as I write this because I too, am in the same boat with my toddler. I am in my living room staring at the potty chair that is sitting on a bright yellow plastic party table cloth. One tip of advice that worked for my 2 older kids, was to face them backwards on the big toilet, so that they would be staring at the wall. For some reason, putting them backwards and looking at the tank, made my kids feel more secure. And when kids feel more secure, like they aren't going to fall off the toilet, they are able to relax and concentrate on the task at hand(actually going to the bathroom). Hope that tip helps you.
    Wishing you much success!
    Amy Nichols
    www.Enhancingfamilies.com - Helping Moms to Be Able to Afford To Stay Home With Their Kids
    amynic

Answer by amynic at 9:31 AM on Jul. 20, 2009