undecided!!

well i had to go to the hospital yesterday cuz of contraction and it was due to being dehydrated. when i was there they did a quick scan to see how he was laying and we found out that hes breech. They offered to do that proceder where they turn the baby from the outside of the tummy. I said no that i would rather have a C-section...but now im thinking twice...what are your opions on it? Im 36 weeks along.

tristinsmommy

Asked by tristinsmommy at 9:40 AM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Personally I would try to turn the baby. Before I had my 1st I was scared of labor and would have taken a c-section over labor any day. But I had a vaginal birth and it wasn't so bad. Honestly the worst part was recovering from the episiotomy, and that is minor compared to recovering from a c-section. So I would try to avoid a c-section if I could just so I wouldn't have to recover from major surgery.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 9:44 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Thats completly your choice. Some women are scared of labor pain so they opted for that as soon as there doctors offers. I had surgery on my stomach a couple years back where they cut me in the same place (but didn't cut through my uterus) and I can tell you I'm terrified of needed a c section. That pain is so horrible. Everytime you get up or down or sneeze or cough it feels like your being stabbed. I know labor is unbearable but thats what epidurals are for lol!! It takes longer to recover, and the pain meds they put... ugh. I don't know how you handle that stuff but morphin makes me so depressed!!!! But then I have friends you will opted for a c section anyday of the week!! Well good Luck!!!
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 9:50 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Get that baby to turn.  This site can help you.

ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 9:52 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• http://pregnancychildbirth.suite101.com/article.cfm/turning_a_breech_baby
    also, check out that website. it hurts a lot worse if the dr does it.
    many dr's don't do a vaginal breech birth, but it's possible. midwives do it. dr's aren't trained anymore in attending vaginal breech births.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 10:19 AM on Jul. 20, 2009