So I started getting these little bumps on my hips and thighs and butt and tummy....

I thought it was hives (an allergic reaction) or bites from some angry little bug who got me in my sleep. Nothing has ever itched so bad. I was scratching with a screw driver. Today, I woke up, and these bumps have now formed into STRETCH MARKS. I had no idea that stretch marks were so CRAZY ITCHY and started out as normal bumps. Is this normal? I'm 31 and a half weeks and getting bigger. I've also gained like 40 pounds. I had gotten stretch marks in the past and don't remember them itching AT ALL. WTH?

gottalovemal

Asked by gottalovemal at 9:46 AM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like it might be PUPPS, I have it with my last pregnant and it was no fun. Check out this site:

http://www.tcinternet.net/users/kritzerburke/naomi/PUPPP.htm
    kelbel619

Answer by kelbel619 at 3:26 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• could be pupps, call the doctor
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• It sounds like the PUPPS rash. Look it up; there are a couple other rashes that you get in pregnancy, but they are more uncommon. The rash will not hurt you or the baby but either way your doctor needs to know and can help give you something for the itching. Unfortunately, nothing they give you will make it go away completely; its there until about 2 weeks after the baby is born :( I've had it since about my 31st week, and it sucks! You have my deepest sympathies :(
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 11:05 AM on Jul. 20, 2009