Is anyone making their own baby food?

I bought something that makes it easy. Just curious because I wanted to talk about different ways to prepare the food.

QuintinsMom520

Asked by QuintinsMom520 at 9:51 AM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i made my own baby food for my son, and it was definately all-natural. He never ate food out of a jar (except for the rare occasion i had a long trip and couldn't take prepared food with me). I made it out of organic produce. That may sound more expensive,but it was actually a lot cheaper and sooo much more healthy. I made all kinds of fruits, veggies, fruit & veg. mixutures that my son loved. I had to use a blender b/c years ago, they didn't have the neat machines they do now, but it was still easy.

Feel free to email me and i'll gladly tell you any more food ideas, receipes, etc. you want to know. I also have a couple of good books i can look up the names for you if you want, they have receipes and such.
    citymama707

Answer by citymama707 at 10:17 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• yeah, its very easy and so much cheaper. my daughter won't eat store-bought stuff (though she's pretty picky with what i make now..) there's a great group on here you can join, and do a web search for some ideas, too. you don't NEED special equipment, though obvisouly a food processor for pureeing is nice. good luck!
    ariel08

Answer by ariel08 at 11:53 AM on Jul. 20, 2009