How long does it take for an STD to show up?

Symptoms, Signs, ect.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Health

• It depends on the STD. I recommend you do some preliminary research on Web MD for more accurate answers. AIDS, for instance, can take weeks to months for enough of the virus to show up in your system for a positive test. Crabs, on the other hand, would probably show up pretty quickly.

Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 10:00 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• some don't show up at all so get checked if you have concerns

Answer by admckenzie at 10:00 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• 5-10 years for most. I JUST found out that i have herpes 1 virus (oral cold soars). My Dr. said that most people have it already. But i have been w/ my SO for 5 years, & just now it is showing up on tests. Most STD's take about 5-10 years to show depending on your immunce system. And some STD's like HPV, does not show at all. Some people are just carriers & never get a wart. But anyhoo...you need to go to the gyno AT LEAST once a year to keep you up to date w/ your body.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:37 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Some STDs have no symptoms. Get to a doctor or clinic if you are concerned

Answer by rkoloms at 4:43 PM on Jul. 20, 2009