Does this mean she'll have hair?

My SO, Devin had a lotta hair when he was born & so did I, does this have anything to do with whether or not our baby will be born with hair? And I don't remember my biology class too much, but Devin has auburn hair & I have strawberry blonde & we were both very red when we were babies, is it safe to say she'll have some shade of red?

Wheepingchree

Asked by Wheepingchree at 10:08 AM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• she might & she might not, idk if genetics has anything to do with the baby having hair or not... my dh had a little bit of hair when he was born & i had a head full, our dd was born with alot, also my dh was born with reddish brown colored hair & mine was black, our dd's was black but what's weird is as adults, i have dark brown hair & dh has black hair & now our dd has dark brown hair like mine.... i heard that if you have heartburn your baby will have hair & so far it's been true for me, my dd had hair & i had heartburn with her & this whole regnancy i've had horrible heartburn & you can see my son's hair on the ultrasound.. GL :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:11 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• pregnancy, oops*
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:12 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• No, not necessarily and even if she does, most of a newborns hair falls out in the first 3 months so it won't matter anyway. As far as the color, yes thats right she has a good chance of starting out with red hair. All my kids did but turned increasingly dirty blonde after a yr.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:14 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• maybe most newborns hair fals out, but my daughter's never did, she had to have a haircut (jsut out of her eyes) @ 5months old & now she's 3 & her hair (when wet) goes to her butt, when it's dry it a little past the middle of her back.. hjer hair is really curly :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:18 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• all three of my girls had long black hair when they were born. i have dark brown, dh is strawberry.

but all their hair has lightened from the original black to a lighter brown with a hint of red.

none had any hair fall out, just the patch in the back of the head where they rub it on the crib mattress (6 year old still does that...)
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:32 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Genetics is a mad scientist! My hubby and I have dark thick hair and dark eyes and we ended up with a blond haired, blue eyed, baldy. Anything is possible, so don't plan ahead and enjoy the surprises!
    Kim, from justamomha.com
    justamomHA

Answer by justamomHA at 12:38 PM on Jul. 20, 2009