My daughter is a very pickey eater . How do I get her to eat a variety of foods ?

amez1080

Asked by amez1080 at 10:13 AM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Introduce new things in something else, like zucchini slices in pasta sauce. Then tell her she doesn't have to eat more than a taste of it. After having to taste things many times, they don't taste as funny to picky eaters.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 11:54 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Make whatever you want for dinner.. Tell her to eat what you make, or the next meal is breakfast.. She won't starve..
    ~IN MY OPINION~
    Mad_Hexer

Answer by Mad_Hexer at 11:59 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• My son was a picky eater and I realized it was my fault and I was tired of cooking two different meals. So I decided to cook one and if he did not eat it to bad for him. He did not starve and now he tries everything. He doesnt eat everything but at least he tries and he eats most everything I cook. Good Luck
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 5:09 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Just keep offering new foods, it will take a lot of tries before a child will know if they like a food or not. When making meals, have something you know he will eat, but not a separate meal. I do NOT believe in making kids eat food or not having anything they don't like until the next meal. Some kids will starve themselves because they don't like the food offered. My son would do just that. He would go days without eating if there wasn't something he liked. If she doesn't like what is offered, tell her to make a pb&j sandwich.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:23 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I know it is hard now since they aren't in school but last year my son bought school lunch everyday. It helped expose him to new foods and now he loves alot of different things. He is also now old enough to understand he has to try whatever we try what we tell him to try.
    robinsi2000

Answer by robinsi2000 at 2:59 PM on Jul. 21, 2009