How can I tell the difference between a yeast infection and trichomonas?

Also can symptoms of trich come and go?

This started out like an yeast infection. The itching and cottage cheese like discharge. Different for me this time was an onion like odor, vaginal swelling, and now I have a grayish dishcharge. The discharge did start after I started using the medication. Tonight will be night 3 of a 3 day medication. The itching and burning has got better but still exist. The soreness as well. I look up symptoms and it mentioned that some people mistake trich for a yeast infection. Please give me your input.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Health

• with trich, the discharge often has a greenish color.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• trich smells like fish and is usually gray. bingo.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 2:24 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I would suggest another trip to your GYN for a follow up to these new symptoms. It does sound like something more than just a yeast infection. As to what, only your doctor can tell you for sure.
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 8:27 AM on Jul. 21, 2009