IS THIS FALSE LABOR?

I'M 35 WEEKS AND ALL OF THE SUDDEN I HAD CRAMP PAIN LIKE FROM A MENSTREL PERIOD. IT HURT IN MY LOWER BACK AND MY UPPER THIGHS. ALSO I COULDN'T SIT FORWARD THE ONLY POSITION THAT RELIEVED THE PAIN WAS LAYING DOWN. IT EVENTUALLY WENT AWAY. BUT THIS HAPPEND 3 TIMES IN 2 DAYS. IS THIS FALSE LABOR OR JUST A NORMAL PART OF PREGNANCY?

cleo2582

Asked by cleo2582 at 10:29 AM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like a braxton hick (practice contraction). I had really intense ones with my first pregnancy, and expecting intense one at the end of this pregnancy.
    hillmom

Answer by hillmom at 10:35 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• sounds like practice labor. just don't get your hopes up. labor might not start for another 4-5 weeks.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 11:00 AM on Jul. 20, 2009