when can i take a pregnancy test?

the first day of my first period was june 18 and me and my husband have been trying to have a baby since july 4th its now july 20th and no period yet but my periods have always been irregular july 16th i had a pregnancy test show up negative but maybe it was to early to test????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• It depends on the test but most will give you an accurate result one day after your missed period, HOWEVER if you wait a week you're more likely to get a more accurate result.

I'm with you - I was supposed to it on Sat, it's still not here but I had some light spotting a couple days ago. I took a test yesterday but it was neg. so I think it was too early. I am on pins and needles waiting to find out! It's soooo hard to wait, but I think you'll be better off if you give in a few more days. Also, try to take the test first thing in the morning when your hormones are at the highest.

Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I think you can take it as early as 5 days BEFORE your missed period
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 10:42 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• If you have always been irregular i would wait and see if it comes and then test in a few days
    RCPerry511

Answer by RCPerry511 at 10:45 AM on Jul. 20, 2009