Did any of you hear your sac break?

The nurse in the L&D said my sac is bulging so much that when it breaks I'll probably hear it pop. Has that happend to anybody else?

snjbjac

Asked by snjbjac at 10:37 AM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes but I was 10 cm and ready to push, it exploded. I was also hooked up to the fetal heart rate monitor and it really sounded like an explosion through that thing.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 10:42 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• yes. it sounded just like a pop. the nurse also told me my bag of water was bulging and it broke the next hour and had my son a little over an hour after that, w/ no epi.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 11:01 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• i heard it. It sounded like there was an actual water ballon in there that popped.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:24 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I didn't hear mine...but just before my contractions started...I felt this little "pop, pop" on my tummy...and I just knew that's what it was...but my water didn't start leaking until 30mins later...and it didn't "POP!" it just leaked...
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 11:29 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• YES!! I had been having contractions all day about 3-4 minutes apart and I got into bed at 11:25 and had two STRONG contractions and felt POP...jumped out of bed and nothing happened so I got back into bed, had another strong contraction and felt POP!!!! Jumped out of bed and had fluid to my ankles!! It was the craziest feeling, I will never forget it lo!!
    Mep291

Answer by Mep291 at 11:56 AM on Jul. 20, 2009