home schooling.

I'm going to home school my daughter. She is four. I'm looking for good christian curriculum. Any suggestions?

whitenena

Asked by whitenena at 10:55 AM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• There is a group on here, I think it is called Happy Homeschoolers. It can be very helpful. Lots of information available about anything you need to know regarding homeschooling.

Good Luck in homeschooling your daughter.
    Anonymous

• Start with a daily Bible lesson. Just start with Gensis and go from there. The only difference between Christian curriculum and that in the public schools is the methods (public schools are test centered more so then student centered) and the restrictions (I teach a classical curriculum in a Lutheran school, I couldn't teach the same material in the public school because it is considered "offensive.") Other than that, you can go on-line and find great ideas for pre-k thru 4th and 5th grade. Once you get into teaching things like history (over social studies) and English (instead of language arts) is when you just want to create your own curriculum.

Best advice ever: K.I.S.S. Good luck. If you need anything specific or have questions let me know. I have homeschool ideas and help on my site: http;//sara.cart.angelfire.com/index.html. Or try EdHelper.com (great for preschoolers!)
    sarajrcart

Answer by sarajrcart at 1:25 PM on Jul. 20, 2009