What could a soft lump on my sons spine be if the xray was negative?

He has a sort lump on his lower spine. he says it does not hurt. I just have a bad feeling about this and waiting for doctors to make decisions is making me crazy!

AmandaA

Asked by AmandaA at 11:07 AM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Health

• Deep breath in.. Deep breath out.. Let's not scare you with all the horrible "what if's"
    More than likely it is a benign cyst of some sort. Just try to remain calm and let the doctors do their job.

{{hugs}}
    say_tay

Answer by say_tay at 12:37 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I agree with "say tay' on that one. They can also be called cebasous(spelling)cyst. It is kinda like a large pimple that can be squezzed but shouldn't be. It is a sack of very gross smelling fluid but if you pop it, it keeps coming back and getting larger each time. It can be easily removed at the office with local numbing cream. They shouldn't hurt but sometimes get sore if messed with. It's prob nothing to worry about but I'll keep him in my prayers. You know how to contact me on here if you need anything...Hoping for the best....
    Neveah458

Answer by Neveah458 at 11:38 PM on Jul. 24, 2009