If he has nothing to hide, why sign an excutive order hiding his records???

When the Archivist provides notice to the incumbent and former Presidents of his intent to disclose Presidential records pursuant to section 1270.46 of the NARA regulations, the Archivist, using any guidelines provided by the incumbent and former Presidents, shall identify any specific materials, the disclosure of which he believes may raise a substantial question of executive privilege. However, nothing in this order is intended to affect the right of the incumbent or former Presidents to invoke executive privilege with respect to materials not identified by the Archivist. Copies of the notice for the incumbent President shall be delivered to the President (through the Counsel to the President) and the Attorney General (through the Assistant Attorney General for the Office of Legal Counsel).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Is this even legal? Just wondering. From the jest that I get it is basically denying access to the PResidents records, which I thought were covered under the freedom to information act.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 7:35 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Because he can?
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:18 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Well, truthfully, your question gives me a headache just to try to read it. I guess, I will just go on living my life and this topic will not make one bit of difference in how I live or what I do... maybe you should try the same strategy.... (skipping through the woods................)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Well, anon ^^^^,
    That's because the question is copied and pasted from the actual order- it's legal speak.

Is this order something that every pres signs? I don't know, but it's weird if not.

lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:42 PM on Jul. 20, 2009