Travel system and infant car seat

I'm going to register for a travel system but my husband wants to be able to have a car seat in his vehicle also. My question is can we buy another extra car seat and as long as it's the same brand as the travel system still fit into the stroller?

jen.ritterbel

Asked by jen.ritterbel at 11:17 AM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes most graco do, but u may have to check other brands
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 11:18 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• just buy another base...it'll be cheaper and you dont have to waste money on a car seat...thats what me and my hubby did...now when it comes time for the convertible car seat...youll want two
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 11:19 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Yea but if you get the convertible graco car seat it is just a car seat and does not go in the stroller. I think the infant car seats will fit. The travel system car seat carrier will fit in a base. So if you just buy 2 bases then you won't have to buy an extra car seat.
    mommylovesu28

Answer by mommylovesu28 at 11:21 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I have the evenflo car seat travel system and all you need to get is an extra base. I bought two extra. One for my mom and one for hubby. You don't need an infant carrier for each base because baby will be where ever the carrier is. KWIM?
    FLGirl7678

Answer by FLGirl7678 at 11:21 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• No she is asking about infant car seats, that is not the same as convertible carseats! Most graco do, and I agree the extra base is really all u need
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 11:24 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Generally yes.
    But be sure to check out the features of both the stroller and the car seat first.

The car seats that come with the travel systems are usually the smaller seats, they top out at 20ish pounds. Most babies outgrow them long before they turn 1 which means you have to buy another infant seat or a convertible seat to keep you baby rear facing as long as she must be.

The strollers that come with the sytems have every feature you could possibly imagine. Frankly I'm surprised they don't have built in coolers and water dispensers. They are heavy and can be hard to push once the baby is over 10 pounds. Many moms end up ditching the super heavy, feature-bloated stroller within a couple of months and fork out more money for a lighter weight one.

Some moms love the systems. But many find them an expensive lesson in marketing gimicks. There's a reason the clerks push them on new parents - future sales.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:26 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• most infant carrier seats (the kind that come w/the travel systems) can be used w/o a base. my graco one is like that. i had a base in the most often used car and when we used it in another car, we just strapped it in w/o a base. just follow the directions for using it on its own.
    pugmama

Answer by pugmama at 11:33 AM on Jul. 20, 2009