My 9yo dd wet the bed last night. Why?

She's been potty-trained since 18 months and hasn't even had an overnight accident since she was probably 2.5yo. She said she drank a whole bottle of water before bed last night and just didn't wake up to go. But, still. She always has a bottle of water next to her bed and this hasn't ever happened. She went to bed on time and everything. There's no abnormal activity or stress going on. Do you think something's wrong, or this was just some weird incident?

sparrowprincess

Asked by sparrowprincess at 11:37 AM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• I am embarrassed to admit I wet the bed once when I was 16!!!!!! I woke up wet,then I remembered I had I dream I really needed the toilet and must have went in my dream, dont worry it happens!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• If she's not sick, not unduly stressed, and it happens once every seven years, it's just a freak accident that could happen to anyone.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 11:52 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• She was probably in a deep sleep and just didn't wake up to the sensation that she had to go. Either that or she dreamed she was swimming or already in the bathroom (I've had all of these things happen to me.) If she keeps it up maybe have her checked for a UTI
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 10:48 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• She could have an infection, a bladder or UTI infection. Take her to the doc and have her tested. Also, it could have just been that she was dreaming or she didn't wake up when she had to go. You are freaking out and she hasn't had an accident in 7 years, let it go. It's really not a big deal.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:20 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• "I am embarrassed to admit I wet the bed once when I was 16!!!!!! I woke up wet,then I remembered I had I dream I really needed the toilet and must have went in my dream, dont worry it happens! "

I did the exact same thing at that age....But I swore I was sitting on the toilet, obviously I wasn't but it was so real...... LOL.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 12:28 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I wouldn't worry about it unless it starts to be a pattern.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 10:36 AM on Jul. 25, 2009