What do you pack in a hospital bag?

So what do I need to bring to the hospital for myself and baby. I have no idea if I am having a girl or boy- what do I bring?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Baby: Neutral going homeoutfit, fitted cotton hat, receiving blankets and burp rags and little cotton mittens so they don't scratch their face.

You: pillow, robe, socks, comfortable clothes to go home in, shower necessities, makeup

Necessities: camera, ins card, bobby (if bfing), baby book (they can do the foot prints right in the book), car seat

mommymine3

Answer by mommymine3 at 11:48 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I was sooo thankful that I brought my own pillow from home. You feel silly bringing it in but do it anyway! It's so worth it! Just don't put a white pillow case on it so that you can tell it apart from the hospital ones.

I agree with the above - PLUS

Chapstick is a must. Your lips will get so chapped in labor with all of the breathing and in ability to eat.

I also packed a change of clothes for my husband (or who ever your coach will be).

Baby nail file or nail clippers because they won't do it for you at the hospital and sometimes they are born with really long fingernails and scratch themselves a lot.

Snacks and drinks for your husband/coach
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:52 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Whoops I meant to say Boppy not bobby...sorry! Oh and congrats!

mommymine3

Answer by mommymine3 at 12:02 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• well this time around i am having a scheduled c-section...(last time it was and emergency).....so ill bring 2 night gowns, because the first night ill have a catheter......slippers....a robe.....underwear...pads.....my going home outfit and my babies going home out fit.....and im so excited because i have only and i am so counting them down...25 days....my bags been packed since 28 weeks.....just to be safe....but the going home outfit for the baby changed.....

Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 12:14 PM on Jul. 20, 2009