Did anyone actually have the opposite sex than what they were told in their 20 week ultrasound?

Just wondering. My husband and I were thinking it was a boy, but they told us we are having a girl. We are just wondering what the odds are that they could be wrong. The nurse doing the ultrasound seemed pretty sure, and she showed us the "girl parts". Just curious.

moviemom22

Asked by moviemom22 at 11:49 AM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My SO has a son from a previous relationship so when we were told our baby was a girl she immediately told me to go easy on the pink. They were told at numerous ultrasounds they were having a girl and when she went for an ultrasound at 8 1/2 months.... SURPRISE ITS A BOY
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I was wondering the same thing. When I was pregnant with my daughter they never assured us it was a girl. She just said it looks like a girl and showed us the 3 lines, but I always had that gut feeling she would be a girl. I'm almost 22 weeks and had my 20 week ultrasound two weeks ago and the same thing, the tech said she couldn't tell for sure, but she thought maybe a girl (baby had the leg crossed over so she coudn't easily see) . Once again I have that gut feeling it's a boy, who knows! Good luck!
    Gelijones

Answer by Gelijones at 12:21 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• A friend actually had 2 DIFFERENT techs during 2 different ultrasounds tell her boy and it was a girl. I don't know the odds, but I wouldn't go buying a bunch of pink or blue yet!
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:30 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Well when I went in for my 20 week ultra sound the baby was upside down and the tech was trying to make the baby move to let us see her gender but did not work. She did say that she was pretty sure it was a girl. A few weeks ago I went in for my 32 week ultra sound and this time the doctor gave us a 95% that it was a girl. Ever since then we have been buying and getting everything in pink. I'm still hoping it's a girl cause I already washed some of the clothes and well I won't be able to exchange them. I'm due in August but I think it might be aby day now.
    lilangel_4206

Answer by lilangel_4206 at 1:00 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• well when i had my frist they told me they were so sure it was going to be a boy 99.9% sure!!
    well i had the baby and it was a lil girl!
    Anonymous

• Well if my baby is actually a boy he's got some awesome dresses to wear!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:43 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• LOL on ultrasound my son was a girl.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 2:44 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I know of 2 people who were told for sure what they were having and the baby turned out to be the opposite. One of them was my sister and I was just old that they weren't sure what my baby is cause they think they see a penis but they "defiantly" see girl parts so i bet they get mine wrong too.
    Alie1313

Answer by Alie1313 at 8:01 PM on Jul. 20, 2009