Be honest...

Do you judge posters on CM (or any website, really) when what they've written is riddled with spelling and/or grammatical errors? I'm not talking about the occasional typo - that happens to the best of us. I'm talking about posts that are barely legible because they're written so poorly. It makes me sad that so many just don't have a solid grasp on the written word.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I always think, gosh poor kids. And wonder who helps with homework? Not saying their bad Mothers...so don't freak out everyone. I just don't understand why someone wouldn't want to better themselves and try.
    Anonymous

• No I do not That doesn't mean they are a bad person or mom.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:01 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• no. Especially not on here. We are all moms. I used to nurse and type, making many typos. And most moms have a million other things on our minds. I do judge when i SeE pPl WhO tYpE lYkE dIs! Thats uneducated nonsense and annoying!
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 12:04 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I don't judge people. But I don't read posts by people who omit punctuation or whose spelling/grammar is just atrocious; it's too difficult to read and the response just comes off as unintelligent.
    jellyphish

Answer by jellyphish at 12:09 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I do. I think they're stupid or lazy. Unless it's obvious that English isn't their first language, then it doesn't bother me. I'll still answer the question and I "bite my tongue" to not say anything mean about the fact that they can't spell even really simple words, but if the grammatical errors are so bad that I can't even tell what exactly it is they are asking, then I just move on. I do chuckle to myself about the anons that call them out on it, though.
    Anonymous

• some of the keys on my keyboard stick and I don't always have time to go back and fix all my errors. So I try to keep that in mind. When I'm in hurry I write words backwards, or leave them out completely. If its really impossible to read, I figure its not worth reading and move on. No big deal either way.
    rosesNclovers

Answer by rosesNclovers at 12:29 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• So many may be in A big Hurry. Have A lot going on! Multi tasking.. Just living in A busy world A Busy life! If I can help I will Reply to! I also can't see Well! My old Contacts & Glasses are going on 6 years or older! I can't See Well! I've had many concussions, A skull Fracture, Head injuries & migraines for 30 Life robbing Years! I try to not mispeak or mispell. But spell check causes my computer to freeze up & IE to Close & I lose Every thing! So I make mistakes! But to me Nice Always Matters. As does being kind!! Not to mention A Baby, toddler or even A Cat amy add+ a letter or two depending where they are to be Helpful? Lol.. I let it Go....
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 12:35 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• If I can't understand a post, I usually move on. I try not to judge also but sometimes think How hard is it to go back and read what you just wrote to see if it makes sense? Apparently harder then I thought.
    Anonymous

• If its super bad I probably think they needed more help in school then they got and it makes me think my choice of homeschooling is even more warrented LOL.

However, for the most part we all have our days so its no skin off my nose.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:52 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I do. Usually I don't even read the question. It annoys me so much.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:11 PM on Jul. 20, 2009