Help! I dont know what to do....

I really do not know what to do here. My son is spoiled rotten and I dont know what to do.

Here's the situation. I live with my family and they let him get away with everything. Whatever he wants its his. He throws a fit i.e. screaming throwing things, just give him what he wants to get him to stop screaming. "Its not about justice its about peace and quiet" is the way my mom views things. I try my hardest to discipline him but to my family, time outs are torture, spanking is abuse for a three year old and so on and so forth. I try to talk to my mom about it but she doesn't listen. Im really at my wits end here. Also if i tell him no she overwrites it and its a yes. I dont want him to be spoiled

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• How did she discipline you when you were little?
    Anonymous

• You need to get out and into a place of your own. The older he gets the worse he's going to be.
    Anonymous

• We were spanked and had privileges and belongings were takin away.
    I tell her that hes spoiled and it needs to be corrected now before its gets worse but shes insists that theres no such thing as a spoiled three year old.
    Anonymous

• I LIVED WITH MY IN-LAWS TILL MY DD WAS 1 1/2 AND EVERY ONE IN THE HOUSE WORKED SHIFT WORK SO I HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO GIVE IN SO SHE WOULDN'T CRY OR FUSS AND WAKE PEOPLE UP......BUT IT WASN'T WORTH IT, TAKING THE EASY WAY OUT IT MADE THINGS HARDER.DOWN THE ROAD..DO WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO NOW ...IF HE NEEDS TO BE PUT IN TIME OUT DO IT IN ANOTHER ROOM,SAME FOR IF YOU NEED TO WHIP HIM ETC....IF THEY GIVE HIM THINGS THAT YOU DON'T WANT HIM TO HAVE ,TAKE THEM AWAY AND IF YOU SAY NO AND THEY SAY YES INSIST THAT WHAT YOU SAY IS WHAT MATTERS NOT WHAT THEY SAY YOUR THE PARENT!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 12:19 AM on Jul. 21, 2009