Were you around when Reagan was president? If so, did you complain about him too??!!

Just curious about the mom's who complain about Obama... how many of you were old enough to understand politics in 1981. Ya know, the year that Reagan (a "fiscally conservate Republican" lmao) dumped $1.5 TRILLION dollars into the pentagon to allow them to spend it where they deemed fit? Ya... Obama's stimulus package is small potatoes compared to what Reagan did, and if we take into consideration inflation it would've been over $3.5 TRILLION by todays standards... hmmm, interesting!

Jafra_mommy

Asked by Jafra_mommy at 12:00 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes, I was around and yes I complained about him also. I have not liked any president since Carter.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 12:02 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• You liked Carter?! Wow... definitely the minority there!
    Jafra_mommy

Answer by Jafra_mommy at 12:04 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I was 8 years old when he was elected I remember housing being sky high and my parents nearly losing everything. Carter was a moron and really wrecked things badly. I remember our lives getting better under Reagan. No President is perfect and my main issue with Bush was the fact he spent like a Democrat and did not veto the insane spending bills put before him the last two years in office. I am honestly shocked any Democrat would hate him he fiscally was a Democrat.lol Your President Obama expanded that. You can hate on Reagan and past Presidents all you want most of us are dealing with the here and now and wonder how much more of our hard earned money we will have to give up for this President. I know my family is stretched already and we live within our means we can't take much more.
    Anonymous

• I didn't mean I liked him, I just meant since he was in office. I was a child while he was in office. I was a teen during Reagan. ( I complained about him.)
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 12:07 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Ya... Obama's stimulus package is small potatoes compared to what Reagan did

Considering Obama has spent more than all the other pres from Washington to Bush combined I don't think its small potatoes in comparrison. And Reagans spending was needed and helped end the cold war. Educate yourself before you post.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:15 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Good point's Carpy.....What can I say I remember how good thing's got under Reagan..He was not perfect no but we need another Reagan imo.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:22 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Well I was a teen and then started college under Regan. My parents complained about him a little but not as much as they complained about Carter. I didn't have much to complain about during those years. I worked hard and saved a lot of money back then to help with college. I complained a little about HW Bush and quite a bit about Clinton (though he wasn't THAT bad in retrospect) and I even complained about 'W' quite a bit. No president is perfect and people will always find something wrong with the way they see the president is running things. Even those that voted for a specific president will complain. I don't see why people get their panties all in a bunch when other people complain about Obama. This is absolutely NO DIFFERENT than what people have done WITH ANY OTHER PRESIDENT... get over it and be glad your guy won and hope that he wises up because at this rate he won't get re-elected.

Anonymous

• "Considering Obama has spent more than all the other pres from Washington to Bush combined I don't think its small potatoes in comparrison."

Very good point. People need to look at the facts before criticizing others. I wouldn't complain about Obama so much if his policies weren't so horrible for this country.

Anonymous

• People are going to complain about presidents no matter what kind of job they do, but esecially if they are literally destroying our country like Obama is.
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 12:55 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• i honestly think Reagan was the last decent pres we had. I never agreed with most of Bush's(either one,actually) reasonings behind policies,and I didn't agree with sending our troops to Iraq. There are waaay too many things wrong with this country;we should 'fix' our own before we try to fix others. I'm not saying I don't support our troops,trust me!! I just don't understand why we have to...help them get on track when we aren't even on track here. But!! He was our pres.and I am proud of my stepson,my husband AND all of my other family/friends who risked their lives.
    starrsun

Answer by starrsun at 1:20 PM on Jul. 20, 2009