anyone ever had PUPPS or PUPPP?? or could this be stretch marks?

I think I have it, I'm waiting 4 my doc to call me back, its spreading like wildfire and itches like crazy. I thought the bumps were turning into stretch marks but they are everywhere (especially on my left buttcheek). When I say everywhere I mean tummy, hips, thighs, butt, from my belly button to my knees. IT ITCHES SO BAD. I don't think stretch marks itch like that. I'm wondering wth I have. I posted a question about my rash and 2 ppl think it's this PUPP thing. Anyone else have it and can share their experience and how it started so I can compare?

gottalovemal

Asked by gottalovemal at 12:06 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Health

• Mine started on my stomach, where my stretch marks were the worst. Then they moved down my legs, and up my arms, and around my back. Mine took about a week to completely cover me from stomach to knees, arms, back and butt. It itches like wildfire and turns bright red when itched a lot. I waited almost 2 weeks before going to my doctor with it ( I thought I had an allergy to something), and bc of that I will probably scar along my stretch marks. My doctor was able to prescribe me prednisone, which helped with the itching for a while, and she gave me something to help me sleep bc I couldn't sleep bc of the severeness of the itching. PUPPS is pretty rare (1 % of pregnant women get it), so you might not get a ton of answers here, but I would go to the doc immediately if you suspect you have it. The longer you wait the worse it gets!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 12:12 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I had it. It started as a splotch on my upper thigh. When that had almost healed, all heck broke out. I had splotches EVERYWHERE!!! I used simple calamine lotion & that stopped the itch for me. But boy did it itch. Depending on how severe you get it, I think would depend on if it will scar. I would definitely talk to your dr. about it.
    I do have a bit of good news. IT WILL NOT SPREAD TO YOUR FACE!!!
    JLee07

Answer by JLee07 at 12:32 PM on Jul. 20, 2009