Would you be annoyed too?

My friend and I exchange babysitting. I started to notice that every single time that she watched my 17 month old son, he would wake up later in the night. He is a good sleeper generally. The other day she came over to watch him and I was just starting to give my son dinner. I told her before she came that I had cooked and she and her son (11 months old) were welcome to eat. She asks me if its ok if her son had a piece of my son's food. I said sure not knowing that she would continue to feed him half of my son's food instead of making her son his own plate. My son eats A LOT! He eats almost the same portions as I do and so I figured out this is why he was waking up-he was hungry. I dont want to be rude to her but I dont know how to approach this and I am annoyed-what would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would just say " I noticed the other day when you were over you fed a lot of my son's food to your son - you know you are welcome to make him his own plate of food here - my son eats a lot and he's been waking up at night from being hungry " I am sure she is just used to her child and not realizing just HOW much he eats compared to her child.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:16 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I don't get why she wouldn't make him his own plate??
    Anonymous

• Your friend should except everything that you want to say if she is your true friend. Its not that you are trying to hurt her feelings just let her know that you do things different than her and she needs to let you handle ur child. I would tell her how I feel and hopefully she will understand. good luck !
    Ms.Vetta

Answer by Ms.Vetta at 12:22 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I am with the other girls just be honest with her and maybe make a plate for her son too to hit home the point. I have made dinner for the kids here is so and so's plate. She seems kind of clueless maybe her son doesn't eat as much as yours, so she is assuming your son is the same way.
    LJSMOM31

Answer by LJSMOM31 at 1:14 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• write the kids names on their plates with nail polish... so they each have there own
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 6:35 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• isnt nail polish poisionis ?
    Anonymous