Babysitter rates in SE PA

I know of a reliable young woman who just graduated high school. I am looking for her to come to my house on occasion to watch my 2 year old. She has never watched a child this young, has never changed a diaper. I will just be doing chores around the house while she watches my son. I will be available to her if needed. It would be 2 and 3 hour increments maybe twice a week. We live just outside of a pretty large city (Allentown, PA). Any idea what I should pay her?

archaeo.mom

Asked by archaeo.mom at 12:11 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• Its a bit different because you are right there but around here (just outside San Antonio) babysitting is$7-9 bucks an hour. You might find someone cheaper here and there but pretty much a dollar or more over minimum wage is not unusual.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:41 PM on Jul. 20, 2009