• In the Spotlight:

GMAT

Is it even worth it? because I have a degree in accounting and plan on taking a masters in business administration in Fall 2010. So I wonder for those who had taken GMAT, is it beneficial? Why or why not?

DeZsMaMa

Asked by DeZsMaMa at 12:16 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in

• At one time, all B-schools required the GMAT for admission. Check with the schools your are applying to.

Stay away from for-profit schools. They exist, by law, to make money for their owners/shareholders; education is not their priority. Start with a community college; they will likely have many classes on line and the credits will easily transfer to a state university.

When I was in HR, I did not interview candidates from the for-profit schools

Answer by rkoloms at 5:11 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Uh, PP, what kind of CC offers MASTERS LEVEL courses? And yeah, I thought GMAT scores were a required thing for a lot of schools. Check into it.
    Anonymous

• Check with the program/school and find out if they require the GMAT for entrance.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:57 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• In 2004-5 year, it was required for all the schools I applied to. There was an online sample exam you could use to study, too. I don't recall it being too expensive and it wasn't much different than the SAT type exams. It's definately easier than the CPA Exam! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I would just look into all of the schools that you are thinking of applying to and seeing if they require it. I just applied to USC's Masters of Arts in Teaching program and they do not require the GMAT.

No sense in spending the money on the test if you don't need it, so I'd just do research first.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 11:54 AM on Jul. 21, 2009