I have untolerable pain in the groin area and I'm 38 wks and 2 days pregnant, and it hurts when I walk

it feels like something's coming out of my private area :( I don't know what to do, and my doc has already decided to induce me and she has me schedule to come in next Monday (July 27th) to get admitted and get induced the next morning,,,and I have been telling my doc that I have been having the pain for quite sometime, and they said "It's Normal", but didn't tell me what I could do to subside the pain...I don't know what to do, and my hubby keeps telling me you'll be fine...but do you have any suggestions in what I could do? Thanks in advance :)

rijuamy3

Asked by rijuamy3 at 12:35 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had those horrible pains with my second pregnancy. For me, it was b/c my son was REALLY low and the weight was just killing me. Try some tylenol if that doesn't help you can ask your dr to give you something stronger but be careful taking strong medication when pregnant. I also found that a hot bath helped. I would make the water as warm as I could handle it & soak for 10 minutes at a time like 4 times a day. My water bill didn't like it but I didn't even care it felt good. Best of luck. I hope that you can find some relief.
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 12:39 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Its pressure from the baby getting ready to come out and is completely normal! Try to stay off your feet as much as possible. You wont be giving you baby the help of gravity! If you think there is reason for concern, you should call the doctor and insist you are seen. Otherwise, just try to stay comfortable!! Congrats!! and Good luck!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 12:41 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• The only thing that helped me was I kept my legs crossed like I needed the toilet really bad! Kept my legs elevated when laying down!
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 12:43 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• My second pregnancy was this way. My daughter's head was very low when she dropped. It was so uncomfortable. Her head was so low in fact, that during my induction, when the miwife broke my water, she felt her hair!
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 3:15 PM on Jul. 20, 2009