man made diamonds

does anyone have one and went to jeweler to see if they could tell the difference?

i don't really care if we get a fake diamond but i don't want to spend money on it if i'm just paying for glass. then that would be a waste of money too.

long story short but we are returning my wedding ring. which i'm happy about cause it really cost to much.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• I have both. I am more comfortable wearing the man made in case one of the stones fall out or in case i get robbed. No one has ever mentioned they could tell the difference and my family would be the first to say something if they noticed!!!!

Answer by admckenzie at 12:54 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I don't have any diamonds - I don't really care for them. But if I was going to get one, I'd look for man-made. There is too much blood in the diamond trade for my comfort and all the diamonds are owned by one company so you can't really get "clean" ones.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:50 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• To the naked eye, they really isn't too much difference. Go look, if you like it, who cares what anyone else thinks.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 12:50 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• If it is a high quality simulated stone you cannot tell by looking . You would have to have a diamond tester to confirm if it was real or not. There are in fact 'blood diamonds' on the market regardless of how much restriction is on their import. Even one is too many. The vast majority are from Zimbabwe. Diamonds from the artic in Alaska and Canada are a safe way to go .
    I have a pr of small diamonds stud earrings..I have a par that are CZ's too. I always get far more compliments on the CZ's.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:59 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• A jeweler could most likely tell the difference if he looked under his eye piece, but personally I have fake because of the blood in the diamond trade too. DH threw a fit when I told him I wanted fake though! LOL! If you get high quality fakes then it is very hard to tell the difference with the naked eye. I prefer Diamonique from QVC myself.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 3:41 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I'm another one who doesn't see the appeal of diamonds. I think their highly prized because we're to to think their highly prized and celebs love 'em so since loads of folks want to get their hands on whatever celebs have cuz if they have something a celeb has then they're just like them.

Any hoo! I also don't want any stone that someone possibly died to unearth. Any precious stone I have have been made in a lab somewhere where no one lost their lives. I have an 2 carrot Aquamarine stone set in white gold. I absolutely love it! Not to mention my husband was over the moon that his wife didn't like diamonds so when it came time to buy my ring he saved himself tons of muhla. The ladies at the jewelry store all thought I was nuts but when I told them why they respected my decision. My hubby is from Holland second largest country to export diamonds so he had to buy my ring here when he moved to the states;....
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 3:41 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• because Aquamarines are a rare stone there - especially in the setting I wanted.

I've heard of a company that makes really good man made diamonds, now whether or not a jeweler could tell the difference I'm not sure. Probably. Just think about it the jeweler has been looking at diamonds for years and years. I'm sure he knows what he's looking at.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 3:46 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Not a big fan of diamonds here either. My favorite ring is a large (2.5 carat) emerald cut garnet surrounded by marcasite chips.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 5:10 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I have never been a big fan of diamonds.. I prefer the look of Swarovsky(sp?) crystals.. They resemble diamonds but pick up the colors around them and are soo pretty...
    armymom2007

Answer by armymom2007 at 7:46 PM on Jul. 20, 2009