You believe in individual based punishment-or do u punish your children all the same?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Individual based.
    My boys are so not alike in many ways and how I discipline them varies because of that difference.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:49 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• They have the same types of consequences, but they are definitely individualized.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 12:50 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Mine is kindof a tricky situation. I punish my own 2 year old daughter more and harder then I do my 7 year old step daughter. I'm not sure why though. But my step daughter gets away with way more then my daughter does. Unless her dad is here cause he is the opposite.
    Anonymous

• I have a whole arsenal of different punishments. The punishment will fit the action by the kid, not the kid who happened to do something he shouldn't have. Clear as mud? LOL.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:02 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• My son is 4 and i do spank him, when all else fails and he still wont listen.. But my daughter is only 20 months old, im not sure how to punish her, i just redirect her to something different and if that doesnt work i take her to a different room for a time out.
    Anonymous

• We have a blended family and we have very clearly defined rules and consequences for breaking those rules. I do think that there are some punishments that work better with different kids, but if you are going to have kids back and forth between households and stepparents involved in discipline, it is very important to be consistent and fair about discipline, not tailor to each child.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:41 PM on Jul. 20, 2009