how do you get weird smells out of your house?

I constantly clean everyday! Clorox is my main weapon! However I've noticed that coming into the house there is this weird smell! It seems to be coming from all over the house. What can I do to get rid of the smell? Also does heat bring up old smells?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Home & Garden

• ODOBAN is the greatest. You can get it at Walmart and Sam's Club. My carpet dudes swear by it. I live near the water and sometimes it smells moldy in here. I use that and the smell is gone. I really like it. It's a lot better than Febreeze

Answer by admckenzie at 1:10 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• The surest way to get those smells out is to paint. LOL
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:54 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I need to try that ODOBAN! I keep hearing wonderful things about it. I do notice that heat tends to intensify any odors that are already existent. Two methods that I use regularly are Arm & Hammer carpet shaker stuff before vacuuming and Febreeze. Unfortunately they are only temporary, so I am going to try that ODOBAN.
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 1:57 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• heat makes bacteria multiply...so it gets stinkier.

things like vents etc. are not always cleaned and can hold bacteria and germs. all fabrics whether its a rub, carpet, curtains...need to be cleaned regurally
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:58 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• what is odoban and were would u get it near the fabreeze?? for me to get smells out i jusy clean every inch of the house but sometimes it dosent full work its a good question....i hate busting my butt to clean and still have a small hint of a weird smell it drives me nuts!!
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 1:27 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I'd be finding the source of the smell. Do you have a dead mouse or other critter somewhere?
    But, now I'm curious about odoban too. I love to cook , but hate the way it sometimes makes your house smell.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 2:59 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• The answer to JawqaMom1 is no I don't have a dead mouse! That smell does stink and this one is no where near it! ODOBAN? Really what is it a deodorant ? I've never heard of it? BTW thank you ladies for answering my questions! As far as painting I rent the house I live in so no I cannot paint when ever I want,other wise I would have to pay for everything myself including paintingit back to the color it was originally!
    Anonymous