Do you take a gift to a vow renewal?

We were invited to one, an I’m not sure if I take a gift or not.. They are having like a church wedding with dress, tux and everything, even the reception…

Should I or not?

ArlieBeeMee

Asked by ArlieBeeMee at 1:11 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would take a gift. What it would be would depend on the couple and perhaps their needs at the time. We attended one recently and I made them a really really nice picnic basket (nice linens, utensils, bottle of wine, nice goodies, etc.) that they could use to enjoy each other at a special time, as we knew that their household was well established. Another time we gave a gift certificate to Lowes, as we knew that they were remodeling their home.
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 1:52 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I think a small gift is appropriate, though certainly not as extravagant as a wedding gift. (Wedding gifts, IMHO, are intended to help a new couple set up a household, a renewal already has an established household). Although, much like any wedding or ceremony of that nature, the happy couple will be busy enough with the ceremony and party afterwards. I'd arrange for them to receive my gift beforehand. That way, it is one less thing they have to deal that day.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 1:17 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I think gift certificates are appropriate. Like the pervious person said wedding gifts are to help a couple start their lives. So a gift certificate would probably be more appreciated.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 1:43 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Or a gift cert. to have dinner some where, and like someone said above me, give it to them before or after the event !
    Anonymous

• I think it would be nice to give them something from the heart, like if you know the couple very well get some pic, of them and there ife togather and make them a nice gift that way. This is something I would like.
    Basgans

Answer by Basgans at 11:37 PM on Jul. 20, 2009