what to expect after...

what do I expect after my baby comes? will I have any post labor symptoms?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• right after I had my baby I had the WORST shakes- I couldn't stop shaking at all, doctor contributed it to loss of blood.

It scared me a lot, and I'm not sure how normal it is.

JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 1:24 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• expect blood for 4-10wks it usually last about 6wks but everyone is different could be shorter could be longer
    Anonymous

• what about mood swings? does it stop after i have my baby
    Anonymous

• i had c section
    i did not expect to be separated until i could wiggle toes etc in a separtate recovery room, but husband was with her-so that helped a bit, even though i was pretty drugged up, it seemed like forever before i could be wheeled back to my room to see her
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 1:28 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I had some mood swings afterwards, but not as bad as during pregnancy. It's different for everyone. Expect to just kind of be generally sore for a couple days, it's a huge strain on your whole body to deliver. Expect to be sore between the legs for several weeks (as well as the bleeding mentioned before.)
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:29 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• before and after birth
    i would cry at sappy commericals, romantic movies,
    or just talking about my baby with other moms

some reach out and touch phone commerical would have me balling

can you say horomones (lol)
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 1:30 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• i had a c-section, no one told me how heavy my first period would be and it really freaked me out and ended up going to the hospital for no reason lol. i would cry for no reason. also dont let bitchy nurses make u upset. we had one that got really mouthy with us because of changing a diaper, i couldnt get up and my hubby didnt know how and she started saying omg im so tired of parents not knowing how to take care of their kids blah blah blah.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 1:45 PM on Jul. 20, 2009