Febrile Seizures

Has anyone seen a child go thru these or have children that has had them?? How did you react and what did you do?

Prican91181

Asked by Prican91181 at 1:17 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• My BFF's son has had three of them. The first time, they freaked. LOL By the second one, they were prepared and handled the situation calmly and swiftly.
    LKRA

Answer by LKRA at 1:19 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• How old is he? My son is 3 1/2. He's had 4, this past time I did ok but he doesn't breath and his lips turn blue, that's the scary part. I need to freshen up on the rescue breaths for him...
    Prican91181

Answer by Prican91181 at 1:34 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• The first time he was about 2. The second time, 3 1/2. The third time, 4 1/2. She told me that the second time, he bit his tongue, and there was blood everywhere, but I don't remember him turning blue from lack of oxygen. I know that she and her husband were terrified the first time it happened, because they had no idea what was going on. They've learned to remain calm so that HE will remain calm. And I do think they took CPR classes.
    LKRA

Answer by LKRA at 1:53 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Both of my sons had them when they were younger & I took them to the doctor to have them checked out. When my oldest had his the doctor told me to take him straight to the hospital to ensure that there was no damage from the extremely high fever.
    They are very scary & should not be taken lightly.
    eeyoreplus4

Answer by eeyoreplus4 at 2:17 PM on Jul. 20, 2009