Should I be worried about bow legged?

My son is just over 13 months and the other day some one said "Wow, he is really bow legged." I've read that they grow out of it when they start walking but he's been walking for 2 months now. When should I show concern?

mom4adams

Asked by mom4adams at 1:22 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's normal for them to be bowlegged for the first two years. Don't stress.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:25 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• You know, my niece was VERY bow legged til well after 2 years old - where my sister should have brought her in we all thought - but she grew out of it !!!! my son never had the bow legs!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:53 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• My nearly 2 yr old still is and she's been walking since 10mos. They're bones just aren't like ours yet. Not too long ago, they were these little balled up things in the crammed space of our bellies. So it's gonna take some time for them to get adult like shape. I was worried too but my pedi said it's normal and her legs don't look any different than all the other babies her age. But I got those comments all the time too. Just don't stress it.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 2:13 PM on Jul. 20, 2009