Food coloring out of carpet?

My dd's just got food coloring all over my parents carpet (tanish in color). All 4 colors too, red, blue, green and yellow!!! I need help getting it out! I've been trying just straight water, but at this rate it will take 2 days to get it all out.

avpriddis

Asked by avpriddis at 1:25 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Home & Garden

• This is a particularly nasty stain, and you may not be able to get it all out. First, get some seltzer or club soda. The bubbles will help bring the dye upwards. Go club soda, blot well, club soda, blot well...for as long as you can stand. Then, while everything's still wet, mix some oxyclean (or other oxygen bleach) with two parts water, and apply it to the stain, and let it sit for 20 minutes, then blot it really well. If it worked pretty well, but you still need more stain removal, apply a second time, then blot. Last, sprinkle a lot of baking soda over the stain, and rub that in. Let it dry (hopefully it will absorb more of the color) and vacuum it out. If you need to oxyclean it again,after that, go for it. This is a really nasty stain.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 1:44 PM on Jul. 20, 2009