how much should i charge to watch a child a little over a year while the parents go on vacation for 5 days?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Money & Work

• I would say $10 an hour which equals $1200. But that seems like a lil too much so maybe anyweher between 200-500
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 1:33 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• depends on how bad you're hurting for money, how well you know the parents and how difficult the child is to take care of. If you're a SAHM and not losing wages, i'd say 100-200. They are on vacation after all, probably need the money for that. If they're loaded go for more.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:34 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• an hourly wage would be ridiculous, that's 100 a day for letting the kid sleep in your house while you sleep!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:35 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I would say $300
    Anonymous

• when i watched my cousins last winter bresk their parents paid me $300. i was expecting like $100 if that so i was really happy....when i watch my friends kids i dont charge anything i just hope theyll return the favor. but for a vacation i suppose it depends on how long and the amount of effort for the kid,and if theyve got money or not.....

Crushersmommy

Answer by Crushersmommy at 1:43 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• An hourly wage would be best. I bet the parents aren't too cheap to spend $12 per a mixed drink or entertainment an hour. Why would they be too cheap to spend that to make sure their child is safely taken care of? Some parents are so selfish! No less than $500 thats only $100 a day which is less than minimum wage at a whopping $4.16 an hour. They wouldn't think twice spending $500 on an airline ticket per a person so why would $500 be too much to ask? If they can't afford a vacation then they shouldn't be going on one. JMO
    Anonymous

What one year old sleeps 24 hours a day? Thats a big job for a cranky, crying, missing his mama one year old. 100 a day would be doing them a favor!
    Anonymous

• $100 bucks a day is ridiculous..
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 6:43 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I'm the type though that if someone was watching my kids I would make you happy as hell! I say its ridiculous cause even thought the child is sleeping at night I would maybe try to pay a bit more for all the troubles,I mean you do have to watch the child for a whole 5 days your responsible for that child if he or she gets sick and insurance doesnt cover that child.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 6:47 PM on Jul. 20, 2009