How do you become a Super Mom with work, quality time, etc.?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Money & Work

• I find it best to be very scheduled. I have to schedule each and every day, time with the kids, time to eat, time to work, time to run errands. Kids are much more behaved when there is a schedule for everything. There is a certain time I clean house, I do laundry, we eat lunch at certain times. My kids know the schedule, they know what is coming next, they know what to expect. I just started an at home biz so it has been a balance to work at home and take care of 2 boys and to give them the time they need. My kids come first in my life and to show them that, I only work certain hours of the day, and they get my attention certain hours of the day. The best advice I can give is to be scheduled, scheduled, scheduled! Hope this helps

Rebecca

Rebecca325

Answer by Rebecca325 at 1:45 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• The concept of SUper Mom is a myth.. A myth that drives women to insanity.

Instead of trying to be Super Mom.. Try being the best Mom you can.. Try loving your kids unconditionally.. and letting them know each day.
    say_tay

Answer by say_tay at 1:44 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Time management. I work, go to school and spend time with Blake....I enjoy every moment we're together and make it count.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 1:45 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• You don't. You cannot have it all. You do what you can, and hope for the best. That's all anyone can really do.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 1:45 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I work part time out of the spare room, make almost as much as I did before once you consider daycare, commute, clothes, etc... My stress level is way down, my kids love being home and I am not missing any of the milestone moments. If you're interested in being a work at home mom, you should read my blog with more information. Be a Work at Home Mom

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 1:52 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Not possible. Those that say they are SuperMom are lying.

I work Monday-Friday in an office with a 1.5 hour commute each way. My mother takes care of my daughter while I work. I clean on the weekends, husband cooks. That's the best I can do and I'm okay with it.

Oh, and I'm medicated. LOL
    Anonymous

• I work from home aon my spare time(at this time i have alot of it lol), but I work around my family and duties.

Then comes work.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 2:45 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• You don't. You do the best that you can and make sure that your children are always your number one priority

Answer by rkoloms at 4:33 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Plan you day, week and month... you can get more done with a plan of action, keep a small pad of paper, write down on it your to do and then in small gaps of time get a small project done... this will help you stay on task and feel that you can do it all...Kimber @ blessingsbegin.com
    BlessingsBegin

Answer by BlessingsBegin at 4:53 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• You need to remember its not how much time you spend its the QUALITY of the time you spend.
    If you only have time to sit and read a book or play a ten minute game with your child then thats the gist of it. I've been in the same boat,go to work come hom eat 5:00 make dinner,do the laundry,clean up the house,take a shower,make sure kids have showered and brushed teeth,then crash in bed and do it all over again the next day with a BIG FAT SMILE ahahahaha.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 6:56 PM on Jul. 20, 2009