I can't get my 11 month old to eat.

Ok, so my 11 month old has been EBF since she was born and now bites me every time she eats. I've tried all the tips and tricks to get her not to bite and none of them work. She will drink juice and water out of a sippy cup, so I tried formula in it for the first time and she hated it and spits it out. I know she's hungry, but I can't get her to breast feed and I can't get her to drink formula. She does eat solids, finger foods, but I know breast milk or formula is suppose to be her main nutrition. HELP!

ABPeterson

Asked by ABPeterson at 1:41 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She's getting older and a lot of her nutrition should be from solids
    Anonymous

• can you pump breastmilk and put it in a sippy cup for her?
    at 11 months, their main source of nutrition should be food. breast milk is awesome, I nursed my son til he was almost two, at which point he weaned himself. however, your baby should be getting lots of food at this point. google the nutritional guidelines for a one year old, there are many helpful websites that can give you an approximation of what your child should be eating now.
    Guaranteed

Answer by Guaranteed at 1:46 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• No, by 11months she is fine getting her main nutrition from solids. You can even try introducing whole milk. Just make sure she is eating healthy solids!
    Anonymous

• Try sleep nursing her. Sometimes it brings them right out of the biting.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 2:51 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• actually at 11 months it's not her main nutrition and as long as she is drinking water and juice I would not be too concerned she is almost a year they don't drink regulary like they did as infants. Just make sure and always offer her water, regular milk, breast milk, and make sure she is getting fruits and veggies along with other foods.
    Willywonka06

Answer by Willywonka06 at 3:00 PM on Jul. 20, 2009