What should I name my baby?

I'm having a hard time thinking of baby girl name's. I'm not positive I'm having a girl, but I have a gut feeling. But I can't think of any cute name's I like. I want a name that's out there, very unique but also extremely cute. My baby is going to be one of a kind, and I want it to have a one of a kind name. I'm also needing help for boy name's to, in case it is a boy. I like Lexton, but the dad turned it down. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Aumbrey

Asked by Aumbrey at 1:43 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My nieces name is EMMERSON. I just love it! It's very different. I think I've only heard one other little girl name that. I think it's an adorable girls name, but you could probably use it for a boy as well.

My son's name is BRANDTON. We call him Brandt. (Silent D) Brandt is a type of goose, and daddy is a big waterfowl guy so he was very approving when I suggested the name. (Of course I got the name from a guy I went on a blind date with years ago!) LOL!

Some other girl names we though of were :

Penelope- that got shot down by almost everyone we knew, but I still love it.
    Brynn- Still may use that if we have a girl ever
    Zoie- My great grandmothers name
    Hadley- Really cute!

Just don't use Peyton or anything with a MC in it. Those names are SO OVERUSED!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 4:42 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• if we would've had a girl it was going to be sylvia
    Anonymous

• I will tell you some of my favorite names that I considered if I was having a girl (but I'm having a boy.)

Kylie, Chesney, Mackayla, Brooklynn, Trinity, Abbigail, Summer, Riley, and Lexi.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 1:47 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Harley
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:49 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Genevieve
    LKRA

Answer by LKRA at 1:50 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• There is a great website - called Baby Name Wizard. It charts out different names as its popularity throughout the decades. It really helped us when naming our girls because we realized we liked names from one particular era.

Also, the best advice I got:
    **Say, "Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you, The President of the United States, (and then say what their full name would be). If it doesn't sound a name that a President would have - try something else.
    FlowerMom495

Answer by FlowerMom495 at 1:53 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Princess Consuela Banana Hammock.

You say you want a "name that's out there, very unique"... What's wrong with the classics? My mother gave me a stupid "unique cute name"... and now I resent her for it. You might as well admit you want your child teased and tormented in school.

Keep in mind that when you're naming your baby, you are essentially naming an ADULT.
    Anonymous

• I named my daughter Laila which u can spell it Layla and I never really heard of that name till I seen someone in a magazine with it. When people hear her name their like, oooohh that name is so pretty and cute. I only know like one little girl with that name but not spelled the same as mine. It is cuteeeee!!!
    Anonymous