Have you ever accused a friend or family member of being a bad parent? Why?

EternalChild86

Asked by EternalChild86 at 1:55 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• yes, a family member who dropped her child off on a Friday evening and was supposed to be back Saturday morning and didn't show till late Sunday.
    Anonymous

• Yup, I called CPS on her as well. She wasn't a family member or friend - a neighbor who lived across the street from us. We were acquaintances...
    She had her water turned off - couldn't get the bill paid. There was garbage and dog feces all throughout her house. Her son hadn't had a bath in a week. There were cockroaches, fleas, and flies all over the place. It was disgusting.
    I took her son home with me.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 2:05 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• yep, a friend. She told her 5 year old that she hated being his mom....
    Anonymous

• ..and not so much told.. as screamed it in his face.
    Anonymous

• WOW, I have thought it but never actually accused someone. I told a lady to stop hitting her 3yo in the back at the store
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 2:09 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• No, I haven't had to (thank God!) but some of these stories are so awful!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 2:16 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Yep my own sister for sleeping for 3 days coming down from a meth high leaving my mom to watch her kids after that my mom had the kids until she went to treatment.
    Fordmomma

Answer by Fordmomma at 2:38 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Yep. My own daughter and daughter in law of which we are currently raising their kids. Told them that until they can take care of theirselves how can they expect to take care of the kids.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 2:41 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Well, "bad parent" is such a general term. It could be referring to anything. Some people might think I am a bad parent because of something I do, like let my kids have soda or let my 3 yr old suck a passy. Thats just an opinion. If I felt a family member was not handling a situation correctly, I would more deal with that situation specifically rather than call them a bad parent. I would just say....hey, this is not right and you need to fix this. It would have to be something really bad before I would make a judgment call of that nature. What my family does is none of my business.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 3:03 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Yes-- she fed her kid cake mix instead of formula because she couldn't find it. She had just fed the kid 2 hours previously!!!
    Anonymous