How do I get his work pants clean?

My husband wears Dickie brand khaki pants for work and works in the parts department at a John Deere dealer. I have followed the directions on all the products I have tried to get his pants clean. I have tried borax, spray n wash, shout, store brands, even the hand cleaner he uses.

Any ideas???

aprilford2003

Asked by aprilford2003 at 1:58 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Dampen the stains, rub in tooth paste with baking soda - and the paste is white... soak overnight, then wash as usual.
    Works for me every time. :]
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 2:03 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Does that work even after the clothes have been washed and dried?
    aprilford2003

Answer by aprilford2003 at 2:06 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Pretty much, once you throw an item in the dryer, you have cooked the stain into the fabric. You can try soaking them overnight in a solution of OxyClean, but if it's an oil or grease stain, you may be out of luck.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 2:11 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• It can. It might be a little bit harder - since it's set in, but just re-dampen them, soak them overnight with toothpaste - and maybe give it a quick rub or use a toothbrush to it.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 2:11 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Oxyclean fan here. I've had great luck getting stains out after they've been dried.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 2:39 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• my dad was a train mechanic that worked for Conrail. My mom always washed his overalls in hot water, tide and pinesol.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 6:36 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• my husband wears the same pants and paints cars in them. Paints stains Ill never get out. But sometimes when he gets grease on them I take Original dawn soap and scrub the hell out of them with that. Dawns the best degreaser out there! Palmolive didnt do it for the stains I had to use dawn, and if I continually use it on stains that have been washed/dried over time they start to fade out.
    Mesha125

Answer by Mesha125 at 12:38 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• pinesol works great my dh works on the big trucks and paving trucks so its grease oil u name it disel fule and i pour in some pinesole even lysol and some reg laundry soap and it works wonders and takes the smell out..good luck....
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 1:21 PM on Jul. 21, 2009