What does everyone do all day long with their kids?

I am a SAHM and my son is almost 4 but I dont have enough things to do in the day to keep him busy. what kinds of things do you do while at home?

ariel1

Asked by ariel1 at 2:05 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• color, dance, nap, eat, sing, go over the alphabet and numbers, blow bubbles, fold laundry together, clean together, snack time, bath time, dress time, read, play with pets, play with mommy's shoes....lots of things
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 2:07 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• We go outside for a while play with sidewalk-chalk, frisbee's, they love to play in the dirt (ughhh) so we bring out buckets and small shovels. Sometimes they ride their bikes in the driveway. On rainy days i have a box of arts and craft supplies. Coloring, those sticky foam things< i got the shape ones to teach them the shapes. Just little things like that. We don't do anything over the top, but the kids love it.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 2:22 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Anything goes in my house-somedays we color, somedays we paint, we watch Dora, we dance, we run around the backyard, we play tea party, we play blocks, we play with her kitchen, I cook and clean when I can, baths are only when things get messy (usually everyday), nap sometime after lunch 1:00 or so, in the evening when it gets cooler we go to the park to get the last bit of energy out before bed. Somedays we run long errands, I don't know I just go with the flow and find stuff to do!
    CoolMommy86

Answer by CoolMommy86 at 5:08 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• all of the things that the above people mentioned as well as going to local sites around town. we have a reptile garden, a drive through bear park, and a petting zoo. there is also a local playground/park. i mix it up everyday as well as going through walks in our neighborhood, playgroups, and hanging out with my neighbors kids. all in all we stay pretty busy everyday and then its 8 pm and time to start getting ready for bed!
    trelimon

Answer by trelimon at 5:10 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• crafts, outside play, preschool work sheets, movie time, cook, bake , play with whatever... just kinda go with the flow...

RippledBegonias

Answer by RippledBegonias at 8:38 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• My kids entertain themselves including my 3yo. Since everyone is home for the summer she spends most of her time outside playing with her brother and sisters (she finally learned to pedal her little car so that's fun). During the school year she usually watches TV, plays with her dollhouse, pushes her dolls around the house in their stroller, hangs out with my dad or colors. Sometimes we go for walks. She's pretty good at keeping busy.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:25 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Color, paint, watch cartoons, walk the dog around the neighborhood, play with the dog, dig in the backyard, help cook/clean with me, Leap Frog games, Read, the park, the mall playground inside, play on the internet (games), dance, play dress up.....Never a dull moment!
    ycatstouch

Answer by ycatstouch at 12:32 AM on Jul. 21, 2009